Chocolate Panna Cotta with Lavender Cream






I love the smell of lavender but I don't often work with it as a dessert ingredient. It's a tricky ingredient to work with because lavender can easily overpower a dessert, resulting in the dessert tasting and smelling like a potpourri.



When I saw the this chocolate panna cotta recipe at Tartelette's blog, I was intrigued by the addition of Greek yogurt into it. I immediately thought of whipping up some lavender cream to go with her slightly sour chocolate panna cotta.

Instead of using fresh or dried lavender, I used this particular lavender tea I have in my pantry and let it infuse into the whipping cream overnight before whipping it.






Chocolate Panna Cotta and Lavender Cream Recipe

Serves 6

Ingredients

1 tablespoon powdered gelatin
1/4 cup water
1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup honey
8 oz bittersweet chocolate
1 cup Greek yogurt
200 ml pure cream
10 g lavender tea










Method

  1. Infuse the lavender tea in the cold single cream overnight.
  2. Place the water in small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over it. Reserve.
  3. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan placed over medium heat, bring the milk, heavy cream, and honey to a simmer. When the cream is hot, remove from the heat and whisk in the chocolate until melted. Add the reserved gelatin and stir until it is completely dissolved. Add the yogurt and whisk vigorously until well blended.
  4. Divide the mixture over the rice pudding ramekins. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes and then refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving to let the cream set properly.
  5. Strain the lavender tea-infused cream, lightly whip before serving.
  6. Serve the chocolate panna cotta with lavender cream.





1 comment:

  1. I just saw some panna cotta being cooked on Master Chef and have been craving it since - and this looks amazing! You made it into such a beautiful dessert. I must give this a try!

    ReplyDelete